ePortfolio presentation given at a CORE Education Breakfast Seminar.
Some of the main points from the presentation:
- clarify your purpose (pedagogy) before your technology (eportfolio tool)
- the eportfolio becomes the vehicle for drawing in the components of effective pedagogy and assessment
- engage all stakeholders in discussion about the purpose and expectations surrounding eportfolios
- the eportfolio learning process is complex and cyclic, mirroring our expectation of teachers engaging in teaching as inquiry
- quality feedback, reflection and next steps are integral for eportfolios to support learning and attainment of goals