In my ULearn08 workshop, Assessment for Learning and ePortfolios, I had the attendees complete a couple of questionnaires to get a better picture of where they were at with their eportfolio development. Made in Google Docs, these forms are super easy to make and share.
Interesting as a snapshot or cross-section of the conference goers.
And in answer to the question: What is the one thing that you would like to know of take away from this workshop? here is a sample of the ideas and questions posted.
- To be able to implement e-portfolios within my school
- Ideas for the setting up of eportfolios
- Practical examples for implementing, management strategies, PD requirements
- Software available to create e-portfolios.
- Examples of e-portfolios.
- Interactivity from school to home. Ability for students to be able to access and edit work from home in a safe and secure way.
- Examples of others eportfolios
- Some ideas for starting along the eportfolio track
- The most appropriate software to support e-portfolios,
- The possibility and options for ePortfolio for our school, or even just pioneering in my class.
- How eportfolios are managed and shared with parents & whanau
- How to manage ePortfolios with Junior 0 – 2 students so that they are authentic, student-centered, but manageable for teachers
- How to keep the portfolios as an assessment tool eg feed forward comments etc, use of rubrics for work
- Successful stories of using them
- Mistakes you have made that we by knowing about will not make
- What are e-portfolios and how/why should our school implement them?
- The value of e portfolios as a tool for assessment and improving outcomes
- Ideas of how you have set these up (what is included) and how you have allowed access to staff, student and parent access
It is really interesting to see so many of the questions that our school had also asked as we began our initial exploration into ePortfolios. Unfortunately, there is no one solution fits all.
I really enjoyed the workshop and a big thank you goes to those that attended for your participation in these questionnaires.
#GoogleDocs #questionnaires #ulearn08 #ULearn #ePortfolios