If you are interested in ePortfolios then the annual Learning@School conference in Rotorua should suit you well.
There are 11 breakouts that have a major focus or have reference to the use of eportfolios:
- Earlybird: ePortfolio’s made easy! Brendon Muir
- Earlybird: Dancing on the Same Page. Chrissie Butler
- Breakout 1: e-Portfolios: A Case Study. Belinda Johnston
- Breakout 3: ePortfolios 101. Nick Rate
- Breakout 3: The Three aspects of an effective School Website that increase 21st Century Pedagogy. Tim Berends
- Breakout 4: ePortfolios – A Showcase of Practice. Nick Rate
- Breakout 4: Powerful Learning Journeys – Using Digital Story Telling within an ePortfolio to show the learning process. Ian Fox & Lenva Shearing
- Breakout 5: Room 17 Voices: Eportfolios and the Online Classroom. Erin Freeman
- Breakout 5: The LMS Gateway to learning and Assessment. Mark Treadwell
- Breakout 5: The Open Source School. Mark Osbourne
- Breakout 6: Laying the Groundwork: producing a realistic and relevant strategy for online learning. Stuart Armistead
Doing a bit of self promotion, I am really excited about the ePortfolios – A Showcase of Practice breakout. I have managed to bring together 5 current practitioners of eportfolios who will be sharing their experiences, beliefs and examples of implementing eportfolios in their schools. They are:
- Deb Cowan. Director of eLearning & Teacher, Russell St School, Palmerston North.Chrissie Butler
- Ministry of Research, Science and Technology Teacher Fellow 2010, and former BLENNZ (Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ) cluster facilitator.
- Sharron Eagle. Teacher, Rotorua Girls High School Childcare Trust.
- Belinda Johnston. Facilitator/Director, EastNet ICTPD Cluster, Elm Park School
- Jamin Lietz. ICT Lead Teacher, Bethlehem College, Tauranga
You guys are awesome! Thanks for agreeing to share your experiences!
The aim was to represent a cross section of schools, tools and beliefs. Unfortunatley, was not able to get a high school represented but am aiming to repeat this breakout or one very similar at ULearn10 so here is a call out to a high school who would be willing to show and tell! All suggestions welcome.
#ePortfolios #LS #LearningSchool